About this Show

The Five

News/Business. (2013)

NETWORK

DURATION
01:00:00

RATING

SCANNED IN
San Francisco, CA, USA

SOURCE
Comcast Cable

TUNER
Virtual Ch. 760 (FOX NEWS HD)

VIDEO CODEC
mpeg2video

AUDIO CODEC
ac3

PIXEL WIDTH
1280

PIXEL HEIGHT
720

TOPIC FREQUENCY

Dana 35, America 6, Bob 6, Volkswagen 4, Msnbc 3, Greg 3, Us 3, Martin Bashir 3, Boston 2, Slimful 2, Guinness 2, Intermezzo 2, Mr. Heslin 2, Hallucinations 1, Thru 1, The F.b.i. 1, D Ns 1, Cnn 1, So Homophobic 1, Pened 1,
Borrow a DVD
of this show
  FOX News    The Five    News/Business.  (2013)  

    January 30, 2013
    11:00 - 12:00am PST  

11:00pm
deserve even bigger solutions. powerful answers. verizon. >> greta: 11:00 is almost here time for last call. a college freshman is now an internet sensation. the student is caught on camera rapping his order at a wend ease drive thru.
11:01pm
♪ [ music ] ♪. ♪ [ music ] ♪. >> wendy's rewarded him with a free meal. thank you for being with us tonight. go to gretawire.com. tell me what your favorite pet is. do something. go to gretawire.com. good night from washington. >> dana: hello everyone. i'm dana perino along with four other people. kimberly guilfoyle, bob beckel eric bolling greg gutfeld. it's 5:00 in new york city. this is "the five"! ♪ ♪ >> dana: the press once
11:02pm
again caught in a selective editing scandal this time proclaiming that the far of a little boy killed in newtown massacre was he canleed. take was -- was heckled. take a look. >> why anyone in room needs assault style weapons or military weapons or high-capacity clips. not one person can answer that question. >> please no comments while mr. heslin is speaking. clear the room. >> dana: here is the part they didn't show you. >> i ask if there is anyone in this room can give me one reason or challenge this question why anybody in this room needs to have one of
11:03pm
these assault-style weapons or military weapons? >> dana: greg, yesterday you did something that no one else has done before 5:00. you actually watched the vid row. >> greg: yes. i thought you said went to a bar and got drunk. it wasn't just msnbc that missed this. piers morgan,ianerson cooper, everyone fell for this. just like the moon landing. why did they fall for this? it's because of the assumptions. journalists don't know gun owners so they assume all gun owners are evil and bad people with wrong thoughts. it fed in their story line a they didn't want to give it up. the story line is g s. a f jo rnalt ttho lik excep fn the isthat i who he is?: no.peech >> na: a hing i pened. journalists want t be ght d trayvo be a then on -- "unde god." pledg
11:04pm
>> grd out partier yingmber that? look white. y want bewhite. storylidana: tho this. mr. heslin's tantti fmony washe he h personal hithouto editerly: abso to beo opinion, especially with all family it'smedia d eckleed whe theat is not the case. he posed and asked aack. it wasn't heckling, manner of disrespect to him in the situation. it was as will of his child. the media is in such a rush mad dash to be first and fast. they don't care about the accuracy. >> dana: on social media because of it, some wayous blame it for everybody moving too fast. but it does serve as a check. immediate check on the media by other people. it give michelle malkin a lot of credit. she was on this immediately and said this is not true. she didn't let up until they apologized. >> eric: she pointed out the hoax right away. let's see the other check. let's see if the lefty website like media matters goes after martin bashear for edate is
11:05pm
egregious misinterpretation of what happened. that gentleman said can anyone stand up and say anything. people did not answer for five seconds. they edited together an answer right up against when he said will anyone stand up to say and made it look like a heckling it wasn't a heckling. he asked the second time and people said something. you are not supposed to talk in court. it was clear that the man was looking for someone to say something. they got that. martin bashir made it look like something it clearly wasn't. let's see if the media matters type go after martin bashir. i have a hunch they won't. only us if we go ahead -- by the way we edit stuff. we edit stuff when it's, when things are too long. we don't take things out of context the way he did. >> dana: bob thoughts on it? >> kimberly: we don't chop it bob. >> bob: i fell for this yesterday. i was going to use it for my one more thing and greg said you better look at the whole film. i did. he was right. although i will say this. frankly, i don't care how many times he asks. given the fact he lost his kid, i would have kept my
11:06pm
mouth shut. >> eric: that is not the question. selective editing. >> bob: it fooled me. i got it off the front of huffington post. it fell for it. >> kimberly: would you agree it's increasable for the media to do that? they are not reporting the news. >> bob: it is inexcusable. bad taste to answer the question. >> kimberly: how is that okay? >> greg: no wonder that journalists distrusts --be no wonder america distrusts media and journalists. you are lied to and they think you are stupid. they hate fox news as proxy for america. we don't fall in love and do this stuff. >> eric: the editing is laughable. do you remember in the election he was going after mitt romney. putting stuff together that made no sense. i don't know why you watch him. he hasn't been relevant since michael jackson. >> bob: the way he edit that took the sound and moved it around on the videotape.
11:07pm
for our own purposes i don't think we have done that, edit a tape. we have on occasion, your famous i built that, you didn't built that. >> dana: what was the one with joe biden on the phone calling somebody? boston the thing i got you didn't build that. we didn't put it in context. that is different -- >> dana: when you ran that full tape, it made it worse. >> greg: why do people create false storys? to advance an agenda. to them, news is their canvas. they are the oliver stone creating their own fictionm dream scenario, because they believe their feelings actually trump thinking and trump fact. it's always going to be for the greater good to lie. if your lies in your mind feed to this -- >> bob: how much do you think is if agenda and how much is the sensationalism of
11:08pm
it? >> greg: i think their agenda is they hate part of america. specific part of america. people who own guns are a symbol of that america. whether they find something lawrence o'donnell or bashir find something to validate that idea they can't let go of it. it those be true. >> eric: you know how egregious that is to put sound of people reacting to something up against something that they weren't even -- he wasn't even asking. wasn't response to what he said. it would be like if president obama talking about something terrible and us editing the audience clapping about it. >> dana: and laughing. >> eric: on the heels of it. it's terrible. it's not journallism. >> bob: is there something in press world where there is accountability? is there a board or something like that to call you on these things? >> dana: i think the peer pressure for journalists serves as the best check against that. >> greg: i disagree.
11:09pm
i have instituted a journalistic spanking program. where when this happened they have to come to my apartment and i spank them vigorously. >> kimberly: are you looking forward to spanking bashir? >> greg: for some it's not a deterrent. >> eric: now you have someone else issuing the spanking -- >> kimberly: i hear martin bashir is at your door right now. >> dana: we'll get to the second topic. news today about the economy that was surprised a lot of economists. they weren't expecting for the economy to actually slink. contracted in -- actually shrank contracted in the fourth quarter. >> eric: everybody says everything is great obama recovery is great. see the line right there? it should be negative. it is below the line. economy shrank by one-tenth of 1% catching people by surprise surprise. >> dana: caught people from surprise? >> eric: everyone. everyone. everyone. everyone said wait a minute, we're moving. it wasn't 3.1% growth like the third quarter was.
11:10pm
we thought it would be in the 1.5-2% growth, but growth none. first time in 3-1/2 years. we have spent $5.8 trillion, negative growth. >> greg: this is great though. this is all part of president obama's immigration plan. shrink the economy people leave. genius. >> dana: do you think it's weird that the white house blamed the republicans today faz they have nothing to do -- >> bob: i think i think the serious blame goes to sandy more than anything else. i don't think i would -- -- >> greg: sundy sandy duncan? >> bob: the hurricane. it schloyed down the economy. massive storm. >> dana: i hope that is -- i hope that is true. >> eric: be honest. this is some defense spending cuts that came out. the problem is if the whole economy is based on government spending only going to get
11:11pm
growth -- >> dana: we are in trouble. >> eric: not a healthy economy. can't survive on its own. >> bob: sandy took out better part of the northeastern part of the country not producing -- they didn't have electricity. >> kimberly: not their sole responsibility. >> bob: a big part to do with it. >> eric: $15 trillion economy, hurricane in one quadrant won't put the whole economy in standstill. >> dana: when is the last time you read an article about plan or a new initiative or something to help improve unemployment rate? you just don't. >> bob: i differ with you. obama has a jobs bill in the house. [over talking ] it has been sitting there. >> dana: the house passed 29 bills they said were pro-growth and they haven't passed. >> bob: they may say it's pro-growth. i don't buy in to that. >> dana: president obama's bill the more of it is government spending. you can't expect the economy to be able to take care of
11:12pm
itself and grow. just on government spending alone. >> eric: that is the word. "growth." if you just keep spending government money you are not creating growth. just creating fuel -- >> bob: what is wrong with the administration, then? let the cuts take place in defense and domestic spending. >> dana: that is the white house's idea in the first place. before we, go greg has his brush here. been on the whole table the whole time. such a big mouth. >> greg: here we are talking about msnbc and you are lying. this is your brush. >> dana: it is not my brush. this is the one they use for you to bring it out and do your hair. >> kimberly: you are like the fonz. >> greg: i'm going to msnbc. they will understand me there. >> dana: the first order of business for president obama back in 2009. >> the first executive order we are signing. guantanamo will be closed no later than one year from now. w there is news on the
11:13pm
administration's effort to close the terror prison camp when we come back. ♪ ♪ [ female announcer ] going to sleep may be easy but when you wake up in the middle of the night it can be frustrating. it's hard to turn off and go back to sleep. intermezzo is the first and only prescription sleep aid approved for use as needed in the middle of the night when
11:14pm
you can't get back to sleep. it's an effective sleep medicine you don't take before bedtime. take it in bed only when you need it and have at least four hours left for sleep. do not take intermezzo if you have had an allergic reaction to drugs containing zolpidem such as ambien. allergic reactions such as shortness of breath or swelling of your tongue or throat may occur and may be fatal. intermezzo should not be taken if you have taken another sleep medicine at bedtime or in the middle of the night or drank alcohol that day. do not drive or operate machinery until at least 4 hours after taking intermezzo and you're fully awake. driving, eating, or engaging in other activities while not fully awake without remembering the event the next day have been reported. abnormal behaviors may include aggressiveness, agitation, hallucinations, or confusion. alcohol or taking other medicines that make you sleepy maincrease these risks. in depressed patients, worsening of depression, including risk of suicide, may occur. intermezzo like most sleep medicines, has some risk
11:15pm
of dependency. common side fects are headache, nausea, and fatigue. so if you suffer from middle-of-the-night insomnia ask your docto about intermezzo and return to sleep again. ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪
11:16pm
>> greg: daniel fried the special envoy for shutting down gitmo has left the job and won't be replaced. i'm told he plans to open a nude car wash. so basically the office for closing gitmo has been closed. it's like a dog out-living its owner. something jasper dreams of daily. his job was to resettle detainees, which is realistic to ask a bystander to hold your bomb. bush knew that, but he is a republican so the press doesn't care. the obama administration doesn't feel the long held goal to close gitmo is realistic but that's okay, because everything under obama is okay. if i were him and sometimes i pretend i am at night in my closet i start a game called "what can i get away with?" and i spend time floating odd proponyous tic o orun t o that k d cl make m believenow. a caey sideith o iso
11:17pm
ryinont mo ter gck bec te.a?now. thedana: dre >> l>>dana: it fintdal- aylthe of l keeso g down fnsoanill shoy >>t i hederobleml. >> dadr don andain t ly:you shoul bade rch cut gre unna no op w ig ng se onfti comin he s the media isb. hzin forffic ty th aiodoctor t as cser tve w theobe d er guy tthlicps >> bo wsgatillegho? w d ns e t >> bob: no, i defended the secret service. >> kimberly: c'mon. >> bob: i did. nd i got heat with it. ecause you don't a problem with it. but not to diminish they have evidence. this is an f.b.i. investigation. listen to the sot here to get menendez reaction. >> senator, i want to ask you
11:18pm
to set the record straight i am hearing all these stories about the f.b.i. investigating you. >> bob: we have heard all the rumors from the daily caller. all the rumors. there is solid press evidence to go on. >> kimberly: bob we thought this would make you happy. we called senator menendez's office and asked him for a statement, ask if he wants to come on fox. this is what we got. dr. melgin has been a friend and political supporter of senator menendez for many years.
11:19pm
>> bob: there you go. >> kimberly: despite there is evidence in the contrary. >> bob: statement from two hookers in the dominican republic. >> kimberly: you're being disrespectful. >> eric: i think you are right. if it's two hookers and a pimp i agree. if there is corroborating evidence we have to find out because it's illegal. can we point something out -- >> greg: politicians are okay? >> eric: we need to point this out. the f.b.i. is raiding the doctor's office because he has, there is an $11 million lien that he is not paying his taxes. there may be questionable contributions gip on >> kimberly: there are e-mails posted and they may corroborate the information given from the e-mail to tip tipster. >> dana: i am just listening. i'm cautious when it comes to
11:20pm
getting in front of the f.b.i. let them do their investigation. it was reported in the "miriam herald" today -- miami herald" today. comment about the press. it's dangerous when you decide who is and is not a reporter. one that you would or would not deal with. when the dan rathertory broke about the documents being forged that was not because of intrepid reporter. take your pick of any of the big papers. it would be depicted as a blogger in the pajamas. he found that. stories pop up anywhere. journalists work for liberal or conservative newspapers or has conservative news editorial page. you bet every pay attention to all of them because where there is smoke there is fire. >> kimberly: as a smoke and fire this morning the only place reporting it was fox news. because after when the raid
11:21pm
was going on between 5:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m., cnn no, coverage found. >> dana: "miami herald" did run it. >> kimberly: they are doing their job. >> greg: i keep thinking all the time there is no way in heck i would run for office. when i see who is in office, i'm definitely qualified. >> eric: at what they are up to? >> kimberly: the good news is the main stream media says there shouldn't consideration of this whatsoever. coming up, why are high school students reciting the "pledge of allegiance" to american flag in arabic. some don't like it. the school's principal is not backing down. that's next on "the five." ♪ ♪ my
11:22pm
11:23pm
11:24pm
11:25pm
11:26pm
11:27pm
colleagues with "the five." ♪ ♪ ♪ >> eric: as the father of a high school student and proud american this hits home. kids in rocky mountain high school are allowed to say the "pledge of allegiance" to our flag old glory, in arabic. over the school intercom system. principal tom lopez is standing by the decision. hang in there bob. a lot of parents aren't happy. this is the feedback. >> most of them are generated at me, being a poor leader and a poor principle for allowing this un-american activity to occur. a lady pointed out to me by allowing this to happen we are probably pushing a muslim brotherhood agenda and push islam to the school.
11:28pm
>> eric: so, how many cases have we heard where the school districts are trying to take "undergood" out of the pledge of allegiance and they are allowed to say the pledge of allegiance in arabic. >> bob: this is part of a cultural club. do the translation also in korean and chinese. what is wrong with that? if they were doing muslim prayer i could understand that. or the muslim national anthem whatever it is. i can understand it. that is the american national anthem. what is wrong with that? >> eric: i will leave it there. >> kimberly: bob do you think -- [ overtalk ] >> dana: i defend the principle, p-l-e and the principal p-a-l. when i first heard it being from colorado, i thought that sounds strange. i read it and i said the kids got together and said we want to learn more about the world and we want to figure out how to do that. kids are provocative.
11:29pm
the high school teacher is like this is a good place for them to try out to do it. >> eric: that is the same argument they made when they were indoctrinating the group remember they were forced to speak ara pick in class -- arabic in class. >> greg: a success is arabic "pledge of allegiance" in syria or yemen. that would be awesome. no country survives raising the self-esteem of other. >> eric: dodgeball in burqas. >> greg: it would be awesome. >> kimberly: it would throw off your eke balance. would i cover this hair? don't get crazy on me. >> eric: talking about muslim in the high school. there are students in a d.c. high school allowed to -- they
11:30pm
get prayer time because they're performing well in class. >> kimberly: i hear the chachng from the lawsuit. what about my country? you can't do for one what you can't do the other. >> dana: prayer time for doing well in class. people doing poorly in class need those prayer time break for better grades. >> kimberly: bob? >> bob: if you have a arely john that requires you to pray five times a day and one comes in the school day and they are doing well, let them go to the playground to do the prayers, there is nothing wrong with it. >> greg: i am okay with this if the asimilar salt lake city two-way street. i have a fear of divisive country. no longer america. we're muslim, black hispanic, gay.
11:31pm
i would just allow the other stuff to happen after being american. >> kimberly: multi-churallism. >> eric: if my kid is a good student and catholic he should get the same amount of prayer time? >> dana: it can't be state-sponsored prayer. >> kimberly: bob knows. >> bob: if your religion you to pray, catholic religion requires you to pray in the day i assume he would have the same equal rights but it doesn't. >> greg: if many my religion required me to dance without my pants on every five minutes? >> eric: that's what your religion does do. coming up this volkswagen ad is racist. do you agree. watch. >> three minutes late. >> no cloud on a sunny day. >> sir? >> eric: should they pull the plug on the controversial commercial or is the criticism
11:32pm
that political correctness runs amok? we'll debate next on "the five." ♪ ♪
11:33pm
the you eat less... you lose weight. it's a great plan... until you get hungry. that's the time to take slimful. one tasty 90-calorie slimful and a glass of water satisfies
11:34pm
hunger for hours making it easier to eat smaller meals, and resist snacking. your friends might think you found the secret to losing weight. but it's no secret... it's slimful. eating less is a beautiful thing. ♪ ♪ >> bob: bubbles? >> greg: buggles. >> bob: super bowl sunday is four days from today. the volkswagen ad on the day that day is getting attention. take a look. >> i hate mondays. >> they're the worst. >> no worries man. everything will be all right. yeah man. sticky bun come soon.
11:35pm
>> yeah! ♪ >> wicked! julia turn the frown the other way around. ♪ ♪ >> you guys are three minutes late. >> no cloud on a sunny day. >> thigh have gotten over a million hits. some consider it racist toward jamaicans. what do you think? >> eric: it's a fantastic ad. they should leave it up. it makes you happy. a fun ad. i love reggae, people love it. they get happy. they think of the islands. i don't think of racism whatsoever. and the people want to back down are probably racist themselves. >> dana: i like the spokesperson comment for v.w. called about this. he said the idea was to put a spiel on your face. it's simple, human and humorous. perhaps some people are overthinking. >> bob: are you overthinking
11:36pm
anything? >> greg: no. when i think of reggae, i think of that horrible weekend in hedonism 2 on the nude side. disgusting. we can fit -- i we should face the fact being white is racist racist. a hostile gesture. wife weren't you born black? how dare you? it's a positive ad. >> he delivered it well. >> kimberly: now volkswagen wins because it's gone viral. everything is watching it. they are getting press out of it. whether you like it or not. >> bob: i don't think it's racist. i tried to speak like that. 2011 volkswagen has to most number of hits on youtube in history. take a look at this one.
11:37pm
♪ ♪ >> bob: yeah, man that made me happy! that was close. anybody want to try one? c'mon c'mon. >> dana: yeah, man. >> bob: that's good. >> greg: yemen. >> kimberly: yeah, man. i got 13 jobs, man. boston that is very good. >> kimberly: thank you. >> bob: i remember i used to use a certainbe cannabis down there, i could do it really well. >> kimberly: sharing. >> eric: they are well known for that in jamaica -- >> kimberly: what? >> bob: smoking dope. >> dana: not only a racist but druggist. >> kimberly: i feel an apology coming on. one more thing man. >> bob: one more thing is coming up, man! >> kimberly: that was a good one! ♪ ♪
11:38pm
11:39pm
11:40pm
11:41pm
>> dana: welcome back. time for one more thing. bob will kick it off. >> bob: hawaiian garrett mcnamara set a record in 2007. watch this. it was the "guinness book of world records," 78 feet. unbelievable. but if you think that is unbelievable look at what he did this year. this is still waiting for the "guinness book of world records" but it looks like it's 100-foot wave.
11:42pm
this guy has guts. i mean, i can't believe -- he is 45 years old from massachusetts. been in hawaii for a long time. started at 11 years old. >> dana: are you sure it's guts? >> kimberly: dana perino livingston edge. >> greg: you are filthy. >> dana: yep. if you let me happen. >> kimberly: husbands, if you are having less sex than normal, do you want to know why? >> bob: yeah. >> dana: why? >> kimberly: because you're doing too many chores around the house. if you're getting the honey-do list and it says vacuum, say no baby, give me my lawnmower. that way you have a happy life and go to work with a big smile on your face. there is a study here, guys need to get the man on and not do traditionally female chores. >> dana: what man came up with this study? >> kimberly: this is a guy obviously that is pushing this. because they're trying to get out of doing the stuff on the list. >> bob: did you make your three husbands do that? >> kimberly: again that is an incorrect statement.
11:43pm
>> greg: so homophobic. what if it were two men. this show makes me sick. >> dana: that is a fascinating study. >> kimberly: thank you. >> eric: nothing to say about that whatsoever. >> kimberly: what do you do around the house? >> eric: play ball with the boy in the backyard. a lot of people comment about this. you hate it, you love it. twitter was c.o.d. someone said what about people with less than five fingers that is fingerrist. i said, i called a couple of people. it called justin bieber and hillary and said what should i do? they sent that back. but wasn't until this guy who told me what to do. there it is. i'm going to keep doing it. >> dana: say it loud and say it proud. >> eric: did you know we were second in all of cable news last month? putting it out there. >> greg: i have a banned thing. reward card. one thing you get if you get 12 cards coffee you get a free coffee. at a soup joint it's 12 soups.
11:44pm
sandwich place i could do this for hours. this is really stressful. i want you people to stop asking me if i have a rewards card. i don't want one. i don't want one of the cards. if i have one i have to look for it. then it drives me crazy. >> bob: the same thing happen to me in a massage parlor. 12 massages.
11:45pm
11:46pm
11:47pm
11:48pm
11:49pm
11:50pm
11:51pm
11:52pm
11:53pm
11:54pm
11:55pm
11:56pm
11:57pm
11:58pm
11:59pm

Terms of Use (10 Mar 2001)